Train station in Cassis; the town with the glorious beach
Beautiful art is everywhere - even on rooftops
This town was much quieter than Aix.
Not so overrun with students and tourists.
(....I know we fit both categories)
...with a bit of glorious history for good measure, and of course some food
American actress Mercedes McCambridge (Giant, All the King's Men) once said she was glad she was a woman who had danced naked in the Mediterranean sea at midnight. After seeing your pictures, I'm guessing that you are just as happy to have been there--without the need to be naked! But I hope you dance, either at noon, or midnight, or.... I'm hoping you go back many times...and at least once splurge on an espresso in one of the cafe's. Lovin' those pictures....Mom
ReplyDeleteWell, I don't know what I am more jealous of, the water, the fabulous outdoor cafes, the artwork, or just all of it in general!!! You all look fabulous, the french air must be doing you good. What is the name of the Cathedral near you?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a marvelous time, my dears! Love the pictures and the updates. :) Ruthie says hi to her Aunt Michelle and Aunt Laura! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you found Cassis and had a nice day for it. Isn't the Mediterranean THE BEST? I'm proud of you girls - you're making it all look so easy! Thanks for the pics - I LOVE them all!
ReplyDeleteCan I let you know, I AM SO JEALOUS!!! Hope that the rest of your adventures continue to be just as amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place! I'm envious! But so glad you all get to experience it. God bless!
ReplyDeleteAlaina
Meg it is ok to have your hair cut now
ReplyDeletePaul @ NCS